Thursday, July 05, 2012

Tithing Chases Away the Devourer

I recently sent this thought to family and then my dad asked me to post it on facebook and my sister-in-law Kathy asked me to post it on the blog. I have been amazed at how many people have shared that they are resharing. I would love to hear from you if you have any thoughts. This morning as I dropped Grant off for detassling I was listening to a sermon and the pastor said something I had never heard or caught before. He said that tithing rebukes the devourer from our lives. I thought… What? Really? Look at Malachi 3:11. It is so clear. I never caught this before. WOW! That right there should make any solid believer want to tithe. The other thing he said, the devourer will be prevented from destroying our fruit. Our fruit is where our seed comes from for the next harvest. Without the seed we can’t plant, reap or sow. See little foxes would eat the vines for the liquid inside them. Little foxes were symbols of the enemy. If the vine is chewed through then the fruit will not grow. They will die and fall to the ground before full maturity. So, tithing becomes a tool for chasing away the little foxes from eating our nourishment spiritually. In a way, tithing becomes the fence that keeps the little foxes out of our spiritual garden harvest. Mmmh… This was so cool. Just wanted to share. Malachi 3:8-12 (NASB) 8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, 'How have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. 9 "You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you! 10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. 11 "Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes," says the LORD of hosts. 12 "All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land," says the LORD of hosts. Tithing: 1. Rebukes the devourer from my life. 2. Prepares the way for the fruit to grow. 3. Sends delightful blessing to the land. (The land can symbolize physical land or spiritual land). The idea for this thought process comes from Pastor Jay West. He is an speaker/pastor in the Omaha area. Simply, Tara

No comments: