Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pause... What does the word pause mean to you? Do you pause often or not at all? What might you pause for traffic, emails, text messaging or less stressful things like laughter, tears, children playing, flowers, snow, bees buzzing...? I love a good pause especially when it makes me feel deeply about someone or something. A friend sent me a great verse this week telling me she prayed this verse over my ministry. I paused...

5 God's voice thunders in marvelous ways;
he does great things beyond our understanding.

I inhaled and exhaled the wonder of God's voice. He is marvelous. Truly something worthy of pausing for. I read it over and over and then my eyes glanced to the next few verses.

6 He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,'
and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'
7 So that all men he has made may know his work,
he stops every man from his labor. Job 37-5-7

This time I laughed! Why? I sit in a city that is snowed in by a blizzard. God said, "Snow!" And it fell on the earth! My children awoke rejoicing, my animals celebrated by sleeping, I paused and spent long hours in the word of God. We stopped! GOD in His marvelous ways knew we needed to pause to notice Him! As I said, I love a good pause! Do you?

No comments: