Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Writing and teaching the Bible allows me the privilege of observing real needs and real pain. I am honored with prayer requests to pray for and I too give prayer requests for others to pray over. It seems that alot of the requests I am receiving of late deal with the mind. So many issues would be answered in our world if we would simply surrender our mind to Christ. This is why scripture tells us to take every thought captive. Recently, as someone I love shared the desire to flee from life I wrote this prayer for this precious one to pray from a sincere heart. As I thought about it I realized it was my prayer years ago as I dealt with major suffering and pain in my life. The Father answered my plea and as I observe so many in scripture and in Christiandom that willingly surrender all I see that HE alone answers any sincere heart that seek Him. In fact, the Bible tells us that HE searches for those that seek Him. I hope you read this prayer and just maybe it will give you the prompting that is needed to get your heart right with God and give Him even the hidden corners of your mind.

Father, There are deep recesses in my brain filled with things I do not know and do not understand. You however, know all things and understand all things. You know why I am the way I am and You say it is good because I am Your creation. Please take every unconscious thought that is hidden within me and every conscious thought that is known to me and cover them with faith in Christ Jesus to heal all completely. Heal my unbelief that I might believe and help me to trust YOU for YOU are trustworthy, honest, faithful and true. I am angry. I am hurt. I am scared. I am fearful and anxious. I want to run away, but You want me to stay. How do I do this LORD? I cannot do it alone! But with YOU I know I can do all things. I bow before YOU now seeking YOUR face and YOUR answers for all my inner deepest needs! COME and fill me up. I give YOU everything in me both the known and unknown. I am waiting for YOU to make YOURSELF known in me. Thank YOU for hearing immediately. Thank YOU for answering instantly. Thank YOU for loving me deeply. I surrender all. IN Jesus’ Name, AMEN!

No comments: