Sunday, November 11, 2007

I just returned from Nashville from Writer’s conference on Wed. night and my new assignment with LIFEWAY is about DOUBT and the believer. I sat in a room with four other writers and one great editor. They are amazing. Each of us were required to share our testimonies and then about our various ministries and how we ended up at LIFEWAY. Well… my testimony is hard. Theirs were so simple and pure. Let’s suffice it to say, I just had to simply say there is a season that because I wasn’t discipled that I made poor choices and many were hurt because of it. And because of this time, I am now passionate about discipleship. These are things ya’ll will have never seen or experienced and so they are best left unsaid… Oooo, how the evil one loves to remind us of our past.

Anyhow… I left on Tuesday night beaten down mentally. Doubt began to fly within me. You can’t do this. Who are you to think you can write? Blah blah blah. As I walked into my hotel room I realized… I am doubting the very thing I will study and write about! OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! I began to confess my sins. The Father in HIS sweetness let me sleep peacefully. As I awoke the next morning my Bible study required that I read Acts 9:5-6: "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

Clearly the Father kissed me. I realized that anytime I doubt I too am questioning the LORD by saying in my heart “Who are you LORD?” The Father’s answer is so simple: “I am the one you are persecuting! Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do!” See, when I doubt, I persecute the Father! The Son! AND The Holy Spirit! What does HE want of me? To GET UP, GO and trust that HE will tell me what I must do!

So… what is your doubt? Jesus is interceding! The Father is listening! Do not worry over the details! Get up, Go and Listen! He will tell you what YOU must do!

No comments: