Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A young friend's letter to her grandma and grandpa

Dear Grandma and Grandpa, First of all, I know you think that I am cute but I am really serious. I love you and I want you to know Jesus the right way. You may already know a lot about him, but may not have him in your heart quite yet. Jesus is the Son of God. I think you already know that. Jesus loves us and he came to take our sins away so we can go to Heaven. Nobody can go to Heaven unless they have Jesus’ spirit in their heart. When you have Jesus in your heart, you live for him and not yourself. It is important to learn God’s words so you know what God and Jesus want you to do. There is a picture in my bathroom at home that has the 10 Commandments. It helps me to know what God wants of me. God wants us to know that he created us and loves us. God must come first in our lives. He is more important than our family, our favorite possessions, our friends, or anything else we can think of. He doesn’t want us to dishonor him by using angry or bad words. We should only use God’s name when we are talking to him or talking about him. He wants us to remember that Sunday is a special day and it should be spent with God and our family. God wants us to respect our own life and the life of others. God gave us life and it is a great gift. God wants us to always tell the truth. Lying and saying bad things about others hurts everyone and makes God sad. God wants us to always be grateful for the life, family, home and faith we have. He wants us to thank Him every day. I am learning Bible verses in school. I am learning that everything I have comes from God. I am learning that I am supposed to trust God all the time. I am supposed to love my enemies and help others. I am supposed to tell God my sins and ask him to forgive me. I am supposed to obey God even when I don’t feel like it. I’m not supposed to gossip, judge or say things to people that will hurt their feelings. I am supposed to tell people about Jesus and how much he loves them. People who have Jesus in their heart are different than other people. They are not better, but they don’t want to be like other people. They want to be like Jesus. They try not to do the things they want to do, but the things Jesus wants them to do. Jesus is their best friend in the whole world. I love you so much! Emma

No comments: