Friday, July 04, 2008



July 2, 2008 from Guatemala,
As we awoke early to deliver food to families Robbie and I talked about the trip. She told me that she asked Jesus to let her see Him here in Guatemala. Today, I will Provide you with photos of Jesus as seen through my eyes in Guatemala.


We delivered meals to seven households. It will be impossible for me to share with you the powerful impact of what we have experienced. I can only pray that what I do share with capture your heart and enable you to see Jesus in a greater way.

As we pulled along a fence facing the most incredible mountain view of crop patterns splattered across the hillside we caught glimpse of the type of house we finish on Friday. The house is ten by sixteen with an equal size porch. The lady of the house greeted us with warmth as we delighted in the hand dug water well until we found out that a man had to climb all the way down to dig it with a shovel and climb back out. IT was deep. She informed us that her son will turn 13 on Wednesday and that she possessed no food. She ran out. Humility caused all of us to stop. Jesus appeared to me when we finished praying. As I walked out of the little covering of her porch, I heard someone bawling. I turned to see Robbie bent over as sobs rocked her body.
Pat comforted Robbie as she wept. Tears welled in my eyes, because Jesus wept. Shivers ran through me because I saw Jesus weep over the suffering this little family experienced through Robbie. Then as I glanced at Pat I remembered the scripture that GOd is the GOD of all comfort and compassion. HE patted his son on the back and comforted him, reminding him that HE has a plan. Jesus stood on that mountain side as His Father comforted Him. I know this will stretch many in their thoughts, but isnt this why we are here? To be His hands, feet, eyes and ears. You cant go if you cannot feel the heart of GOD. Please know I have permission to share these stories.}

Visualize the entire nineteen people on our team along with a family of five surrounding a diabetic man on his bed within this same type of home as we sang Amazing Grace. I could not help myself. I opened my eyes to peak at the people praying and then during the song. Jesus was in the house mightily. THe shivers are revisiting me as I remember. He sat as a man feeble and weak. Celebrating the health and liberty received through accepting JEsus as Savior just a while back and then receiving the powerful prayer of the saints that enabled him to rise out of a bed thought to be his death. Jesus rose His hands in praise through Gina as we sang Amazing Grace. HE peered around his mothers arms staring at the white gringos filling every moveable space in his small little home with eyes wide with wonder and awe.

As I journal I realize JEsus came. He preached, He healed, He prayed, HE blessed, HE received and HE gave.

In the home of a blind widow named Margarita Jesus saved! We all piled in into the home and talked for a while. Needs were expressed and prayers exalted the throne. Suddenly, Chris, our missionary looks at one of the visiting daughters and says, Do you want to be near GOD again? AS we stood there she recommitted her life to Christ. Please pray for her. She is broken over her past and needs to know the love of Christ. Jesus held her and hugged her through our sisters. JEsus touched and even kissed.

JEsus even disciplined while we were out today. A little boy found a horse roaming the village on a long rope. He brought him home to see if he might keep him or maybe he thought his mom would not notice. I do not know which, but he was told he must send the horse home! Okay,Greg, mom and dad... I never brought a horse home!

Jesus gave dulce... candy. Mikayla, Tiffany, and Molly walked the streets with dumdum lolipops, while Rick and Courtney handed out gum. Need I say they brought more laughter to the village. I do not remember who said it, but we were told that what they handed out may be more than what they might receive at Christmas.

I have so much more... how do you tell the intimate the divine the sacred. My words seem so inadequate for what we have seen and experienced. As we lay down our hearts are satisfied... I guess the snapshot I want you to see of JEsus is this last one.


A tiny toddler with coal black hair sprouting two piggy tails about two inches long walked around a corner to see our massive group of people roaming her street. I offered her a dumdum and she screamed and ran. I have that affect on little ones. Slowly, I peered around the corner to see her mother and asked permission. Her mom said yes. Slowly she walked up to me and Robbie as Robbie handed her a dulce. As she turned and ran to her momma she giggled. Robbie, turned and looked at me and said, Did you just hear JEsus giggle? Yes, Robbie I did! JEsus is giggling today.

I love you.

No comments: