Tuesday, July 01, 2008




Kodak moments from Guatemala. It always amazes me when I must sit down and write a few notes to let my people at home know all that God has accomplished in such a short time. It is impossible. In fact, I must begin with that it is a personal prayer goal of mine for me and Cultivating Hearts ministries to go on one international trip a year... Why? GOD radically meets you in the face and shows you what is most important.

Here are just a few faces I want you see that will forever be snapshots emblazoned in my heart and mind as I reflect upon Guatemala.

My first face is Mikaylas. (Forget punctuation and grammar I dont know how to use this computer.) Anyhow, in the airplane as we were about to lift off she was so excited she could have flown the plane just with the joy bubbling out of her. SHe knows the power of God working in her and the love she has for the people here. To live it one more time made her squeal with a delight that makes my nose burn. There is nothing like doing the will of GOD.

My second snap shot is off Pastor Jim in the Houston airport as we borded the shuttle. The doors shut on him. His hand lifted to stop the door and his face registered a look of complete shock. I lost my team already and we are only in Houston.

My third and now most precious is of Robbie. She has wanted to on a mission trip for as long as I have known her. At the airpĆ³rt Pastor Julio, Lily, Genesis, Denise, and Wanda came with Pat to welcome us with love from Guatemala. As I introduced Robbie to the family she prayed for as she packed the bags every prayer burst out in tears so full that the well proved to run deep. Only the God of deep could bring forth such love so intense. Robbie found release for a longing finally answered. I am weeping now as I write this. Father, I pray I am allowed the privilege to not only lead teams someday but to always bring along a first timer.

My fourth face is the face Leo. Mare and Leo opened their home the first day to feed us lunch in a ten minute notice. Their hosipitality shames us in America. We stayed with them in November. LEo has cancer and it has mastestisized. Forget the spelling. You get the idea. Anyhow Jim and Pat gathered us in their living room and Leo knelt on the floor as we prayed. The snap shot I want you to receive is Leo kneeling on the floor as we prayed over him. HIs head bowed and when Pastor Jim finished praying he said, to God be the glory. This is our first day!

A day to renew old friendships and begin new. O yeah we did go the mall with Chris the missionary and his son at night. We ate icecream. This is so important. You must try icecream in the new country. Tomorrow our ministry begins full swing and we will start building the house. I cant wait.

Hasta Luego mi amigos. A Dios Gloria!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Tara, I love you and your family. You are such an inspiration to me. I wept along with you at the description of your snapshots. Bless you and your team for His work your are doing there. I pray you return safe and full of stories to share of God's love.
Mariah

Tanya said...

Tara,
Thank you for the glimpses of GT...I am wishing I was there with you all...Give everyone a hug for me! We'll continue to pray God's mighty work contiune in GT! Love you.